Hunter Pro-C Front Panel
- Hunter Pro-C Front Panel Replacement Part
- Works with the Pro-C Hunter Controller
Features & Benefits
This Pro-C panel is compatible with production models 2006 to current. Compatible controllers include all PC-300 and older style PCC models. The number of stations for the Pro-C are 4 - 16, PCC 6 & 12.
- Independent irrigation programs: 3
- Independent lighting programs: 3
- Start times per program: 4
- Max. station run time: 6 hours
- Solar Sync dial position: now available with built-in Solar Sync programming for increased installation efficiency
- Solar Sync delay feature: allows adjustments to be postponed for up to 99 days
- Cycle and Soak feature built in: reduces runoff
- Lighting programs built in: allows the ability to add landscape lighting control
- Added knockouts offer additional flexibility
- Programmable rain delay: prevents watering for an extended period as needed
- Non-volatile memory: keeps programs indefinitely without battery backup
- Rain sensor bypass: allows the controller to ignore sensor devices when needed
- One touch manual start and advance: allows user to start or test any station
- Warranty period: 2 years
- Number of stations:
- Modular Pro-C capacity from 4 to 16
- Fixed PCC with 6- and 12-station options
- 3 independent irrigation programs (4 start times each) allow for customized scheduling
- 6-hour maximum station run time provides flexibility for differing application amount
- 1 sensor input available for use with Solar Sync® or any Clik sensors
- 1 P/MV output for pump start relay and master valve activation
- Dedicated Solar Sync dial position provides logic for smart water savings
- Easy Retrieve memory allows for manual backup and retrieval of preferred settings and programming
- QuickCheck provides simple diagnostics of faulty field wiring
- 3 independent lighting programs available for simultaneous irrigation and lighting control
- Years in production (2006-Current)
- Compatible controllers = All PC-300 and older style PCC models.
- Number of stations: Pro-C: 4 - 16, PCC 6 & 12
- Type: Pro-C: Modular, PCC: Fixed
- Enclosures: indoor and outdoor plastic
- Materials: Plastic
- Color: Grey
WATERSENSE® SMART WATERING CONTROLLER BY ADDING SOLAR SYNC
By adding a Solar Sync to your Hunter controller, it transforms into a smart controller using local weather conditions to tailor watering schedules to actual conditions on the site. A Hunter controller with Solar Sync has been independently proven to have a detailed list of water saving features and has been approved by the EPA as a WaterSense Smart Watering Controller. Click here to learn more about Smart Controllers
EASY RETRIEVE MEMORY
A manual back-up utility that stores complete controller scheduling and setup information in back-up memory. This allows the saved watering schedule to be restored at any time. This can be used to set a controller back to its initial settings after tampering or at the beginning of a new season.
AUTOMATIC SHORT CIRCUIT PROTECTION
Automatic short circuit protection is a feature found in all Hunter AC powered controllers. This feature automatically detects electrical faults, which are typically caused by wiring issues. Only affected stations are skipped, allowing all other stations to water normally as programmed. There are no fuses to blow or internal circuit breakers to trip, so complete irrigation system shutdown is avoided.
The QuickCheck feature makes field wiring issues easy to assess with the push of a button. QuickCheck displays an ERR message when a field wiring short is detected on a particular station number.
SEASONAL ADJUSTMENT: GLOBAL OR AUTOMATIC UPDATES WITH SOLAR SYNC
This feature allows for quick adjustments to irrigation run times through a percentage scale. During peak season, set the seasonal adjustment to 100%. If weather conditions require less water, enter the appropriate percentage value (i.e. 50%) to cut down irrigation run times without the need to adjust each station in the program. This model offers two different ways to use Seasonal Adjustment to reduce water usage: Global and Daily.
Global: The Global option provides a Seasonal Adjustment percentage to all station Run Times on all of the controller's Programs.
Daily: With the addition of a Solar Sync ET Sensor, the controller has the ability to automatically implement daily adjustments based on measured local weather.
DELAY BETWEEN STATIONS
Users can program a delay between stations as the controller advances from one station to the next. This delay can range from a few seconds (to permit slow-closing valves additional time to close) to a much longer period of time (to allow pressure tanks time to recharge), based on user requirements.
The ability to specify which program will be shut down in response to a specific sensor alarm. This allows programs unaffected by the sensor to continue automatic operations.
Day(s) of the week can be programmed OFF in advance, so that irrigation does not occur regardless of program interval schedules. For example, if the gardener mows the lawn on Saturday, the Non-Water Days feature allows Saturday to be programmed OFF, so that watering will not occur.
How to Replace a PRO-C Front Panel
Note: The Pro-C controller is truly modular in design. This means that most components of the controller can be removed and replaced if needed. For the newer style Pro-C (blue panel and buttons) the part number for the front panel is 821501. The part number for the older style Pro-C controllers (green buttons) is 526200.
|Steps 1||Steps 2|
To remove the Pro-C's front panel, start by removing all power from the controller. Unplugging the transformer or shutting off the circuit breaker will be necessary to do this properly.
Open the front panel similar to how the controllers door opens, this should expose the battery compartment on the back of the front panel.
|Steps 3||Steps 4|
Locate the gray ribbon cable in the upper right corner on the back of the front panel.
Disconnect the ribbon cable from the back of the front panel by carefully pulling the plastic cable connector off the back of the front panel.
|Steps 5||Steps 6|
Locate the Hinge Release switch below the ribbon cable connector on the back of the control panel. Push down on the white tab, the hinge pins will retract and allow the front panel to come free from the cabinet.
After the panel is removed you can reverse this process to install the new face panel.
Related Articles & Videos