Hunter MWS-FR Mini Wind/Rain/Freeze Weather Station
Control irrigation system operation with sensors for wind; rain and temperature.
Having a climate like a smorgasbord can make for some tricky business when it concerns your irrigation system. Of course; you can simply look out the window and decide whether to turn on the sprinklers manually each day; but that defeats the purpose of an automatic system. What you really need is an automatic device that can make the decision whether there is too much rain; too much wind or too much cold to do the watering. With the Hunter Mini-Weather Station you get each of Hunter's three different sensor devices in one single convenient unit. The Mini-Clik® rain sensor shuts sprinklers off in a storm and keeps them off; automatically compensating for the amount of rainfall that occurred. The Wind-Clik® shuts off systems during periods of high wind; then automatically resets the system when conditions are more favorable. Easy to mount (it attaches to your controller with just two wires) and easy to use; the Mini-Weather Station takes all the guesswork out of when you shouldn't water.
Features / Benefits
- Easily install on any automatic irrigation system
Versatile enough to meet your particular needs
- Heavy duty construction
Built sturdy for years of trouble-free operation
- Shuts system off in rainy conditions
Sets from 1/8" to 1" based upon your local conditions
- Sets to shut down system from 12 to 35 mph winds
Choose the wind speed most effective for your area
- Electrical rating: 120VAC, 5 amps max
- Adjustable settings: measure rainfall in quantities of 1/8" to 1"
- Wind vane diameter: 5 inches
- Wind speed adjustments:
- Actuation: 12 to 35 mph
- Reset: 8 to 24
- Temperature set point: 37°F (3°C) +/- 2°C
- Temperature diff erential: +/- 1°C
- Sensor element: Double epoxy sealed, weatherproof
Manuals and Literature