The Febco FE905-212 is the replacement bonnet and poppet kit for Febco 1 - 1-1/4 inch pressure vacuum breaker assemblies.
- Febco Bonnet & Poppet Kit
- Fits a 1 inch to 1.25 inch Febco Pressure Vacuum Breaker
- Compatible with FE765-100
Features & Benefits
FEBCO is so confident of the heavy-duty construction and "freeze plug" design of the Series 765, it is the only manufacturer to offer a lifetime warranty on the bronze valve body of the 1⁄2" through 11⁄4" models*. In most pressure vacuum breaker designs, the bronze body can split open when water inside expands in freezing temperatures. When this happens, the whole unit must be replaced which can be expensive and downright inconvenient. But should an unexpected freeze catch your irrigation system.
Series 765 Pressure Vacuum Breaker Features: Only FEBCO offers a Lifetime Warranty on the bronze body of the 1⁄2" through 11⁄4" Series 765.
The exclusive "freeze plug" design feature of the 1⁄2" through 11⁄4" models prevents freeze damage to the bronze body and limits damage to less expensive internal components. Unique check valve design reduces check valve fouling and chattering providing longer life and more reliable operation.
Vandal/tamper resistant brass canopy and test cocks mean trouble-free performance. Engineered plastic and brass internal parts resist chemical and mineral deposit build-up for more reliable performance. Heavy duty engineered plastic poppets provide reliable operation.
Here are Two Ways to Determine the Size Kit You Need:
- Measure across the bottom of the Poppet (item 12 in picture above); the distance across the bottom of the Poppet will determine which size kit you need:
- 1/2" & 3/4" Kits: Poppet measures 1- 1/8" to 1- 3/16" across the bottom (diameter).
- 1" & 1-1/4" Kits: Poppet measures 1- 7/8" across the bottom (diameter).
- 1-1/2" & 2" Kits: Poppet measures 3- 7/16" across the bottom (diameter).
- Measure across the bottom of the Bonnet Assembly; the distance across the bottom of the Bonnet Assembly (threaded part) will determine which size kit you need:
- 1/2" & 3/4" Kits: Bonnet Assembly measures 1- 5/16" across the bottom (diameter).
- 1" & 1-1/4" Kits: Bonnet Assembly measures 2- 3/16" across the bottom (diameter).
- 1-1/2" & 2" Kits: Bonnet Assembly is made of brass and measures 5- 1/8" across the bottom (diameter).
90% of the Pressure Vacuum Breakers (PVB) installed for a typical residential home are 1" PVB's
How to Replace the Bonnet and Poppet (you should always change both):
- Turn off the water supply (Warning: Failure to Assure the Water Pressure is Relieved can cause Harm!)
- Close water supply side ball valve first
- Go to the sprinkler controller and manually start each zone or section valve by manually starting the sprinkler system. This will relieve the water pressure in the PVB. Then turn off the manual operation of the sprinkler system.
- Close second ball valve (on outlet side of PVB)
- Make sure that you have relieved water pressure by opening test cocks on side of PVB
- Place large O-Ring (included in kit) around Bonnet
- Apply lubricant (included in kit) to gasket
- Fit (slide it onto) Poppet on brass guide stem of Bonnet
- Thread Bonnet into PVB unit (hand tight only)
- Replace Canopy and tighten nut on top of canopy using a wrench
- Turn on the water supply
- Open water supply side ball valve first and rapidly
- Open second ball valve
Kit 905-211: includes the Bonnet and Poppet Assemblies for both 1/2" and 3/4" Pressure Vacuum Breakers
905-212: includes the Bonnet and Poppet Assemblies for both 1" and 1 1/4" Pressure Vacuum Breakers