Wilkins 720A PVB Backflow Preventer 1" FPT
- Wilkins 720A Backflow Preventer
- Female Pipe Thread
- 1 inch
Features & Benefits
The Zurn Wilkins 720A Pressure Vacuum Breaker Assembly is used in high hazard applications for back siphonage protection. Applications are primarily non-potable residential and commercial irrigation systems. Designed for installation on irrigation water lines to protect against back-siphonage of contaminated water into the potable water supply. Assembly shall provide protection where a potential health hazard exists.
- ASSE Listed 1020
- IAPMO Listed
- CSA Certified
- Approved by the Foundation for Cross-Connection Control and Hydraulic Research at the University of Southern California
- Sizes: 1/2", 3/4", 1", 1 1/4", 1 1/2"
- Main valve body Cast Bronze ASTM B584
- Fasteners Stainless Steel, 300 Series
- Elastomers Silicone (FDA approved), Buna Nitrile (FDA approved)
- Polymers Polypropylene (FDA approved), Delrin (FDA approved)
- Springs Stainless Steel, 300 series
Irrigation systems supplied by domestic or private potable water systems are considered to be a potential pollution hazard to the water supply. These systems must include protection to prevent possible backflow of irrigation water into the potable water supply.
Federal law requires a proper backflow device to be installed on any watering system to prevent contamination of the supply; whether it be pump or city water. Check your local water authority for installation requirements & codes. In many rural areas; specific requirements for landscape irrigation systems may not be covered in local plumbing codes and/or enforcement may be limited. HOWEVER...limitation in local authority does not alter the basic requirement for protection of the potable water supply.
Capacity thru Schedule 40 Pipe
|Pipe Size||5 ft/sec.||7.5 ft/sec.||10 ft/sec.||15 ft/sec.|