Features & Benefits
This entry-level residential controller offers simple operation with Solar Sync compatibility. With easy-to-configure control for up to 8 stations, including 3 programs and 4 start times each, the X-Core is the perfect solution for residential applications. Install the revolutionary Solar Sync ET sensor that regulates irrigation run times daily based on locally measured weather. X-Core is also compatible with Hunter remotes for quick, wireless activation of irrigation. Installation, operation, and maintenance are designed to be simple while still delivering optimal efficiency and reliabilit
WaterSense Smart Watering Controller By Adding Solar Sync
By adding a Solar Sync to your Hunter controller, it transforms into a smart controller using local weather conditions to tailor watering schedules to actual conditions on the site. A Hunter controller with Solar Sync has been independently proven to have a detailed list of water saving features and has been approved by the EPA as a WaterSense Smart Watering Controller.
Easy Retrieve Memory
A manual back-up utility that stores complete controller scheduling and setup information in back-up memory. This allows the saved watering schedule to be restored at any time. This can be used to set a controller back to its initial settings after tampering or at the beginning of a new season.
Programmable Rain Delay
The Programmable Rain Delay feature incorporates a user specified number of days to keep the controller in the OFF mode, then allows for the system to automatically revert back to scheduled irrigation. This will prevent watering during an extended period of inclement weather, but will resume watering automatically without requiring a return visit to the controller. The controller displays the number of days remaining before watering resumes.
The QuickCheck feature makes field wiring issues easy to assess with the push of a button. QuickCheck displays an ERR message when a field wiring short is detected on a particular station number.
This feature offers protection against unreliable power, retaining current time, date, and program data.
Automatic Short Circuit Protection
Automatic short circuit protection is a feature found in all Hunter AC powered controllers. This feature automatically detects electrical faults, which are typically caused by wiring issues. Only affected stations are skipped, allowing all other stations to water normally as programmed. There are no fuses to blow or internal circuit breakers to trip, so complete irrigation system shutdown is avoided.
Seasonal Adjustment: Global or Automatic Updates with Solar Sync
This feature allows for quick adjustments to irrigation run times through a percentage scale. During peak season, set the seasonal adjustment to 100%. If weather conditions require less water, enter the appropriate percentage value (i.e. 50%) to cut down irrigation run times without the need to adjust each station in the program. This model offers two different ways to use Seasonal Adjustment to reduce water usage: Global and Daily.
- Number of stations:
- 2, 4, 6, or 8 (fixed models)
- Solar Sync® accessory saves water based on local weather conditions
- Built-in key lock on outdoor models protects against vandalism
- 3 flexible programs with 4 start times each and up to 4-hour run times
- QuickCheck provides simple diagnostics of faulty field wiring
- Hide Programs setting shows 1 program and 1 start time for simplification
- Suspend irrigation up to 99 days during the off-season
- Short-circuit protection detects wiring faults and skips the station without system damage
- Easy Retrieve memory backs up the full irrigation schedule
- Delay Between Stations for slow-closing valves or pump recharge
- Cycle and Soak prevents water waste and runoff in areas with elevation changes or tight soils
- Seasonal adjustment for quicker schedule adjustments without changing run times