Weathermatic Silver Bullet HP Irrigation Valves
Weathermatic Silver Bullet HP Valves feature superior materials, four-bolt covers, an unmatched manual bleed, a shock cone to reduce water hammer and a revolutionary reverse flow design which prevents valve failure in the open position. Excellent for micro-irrigation as valve will operate as low a 1 GPH. The unique "reverse flow" porting design permits equal pressure distribution on both sides of the diaphragm, regardless of line pressure providing zero stress to prevent "stretching," a common cause of valve failure.
- Glass-filled nylon construction gives the Silver Bullet added strength over conventional PVC valves.
- Pick up a Silver Bullet in one hand and any other valve in the other to feel the difference.
- Stainless steel bolts easily thread in and out of quality brass inserts.
- Silver Bullet installers will tell you they rarely need to open a Weathermatic valve. When you do, it is easy to open and easier to close than most valves using screws or jar tops that are susceptible to stripping, dirt, and grit.
Unmatched Manual Bleed
- Send the Silver Bullet into action by simply pulling the trigger.
- It’s the easiest, driest internal manual bleed in the business that won’t flood the valve box.
- No twisting on a solenoid or bleed screw is required.
Shocking Shock Cone
- The Silver Bullet puts the hammer to water hammer by incorporating a cone-shaped diaphragm base.
- The shock cone interrupts the water flow more gradually than other diaphragms to enable quick valve closure without the damaging effect of water hammer.
Valve Identification System
- Valve size and performance ratings
- Zone number identification
- Date code information
- Bar coding
Revolutionary Reverse-Flow Design
The Weathermatic hallmark reverse flow design with a 50-year track record brings you:
- Reverse flow design means the valve fails shut rather than open in the event of diaphragm failure, unlike conventional forward flow valves that fail open.
- Balanced pressure on the diaphragm extends valve life over forward flow valves.
- Self-cleaning function is achieved as diaphragm actually flexes during operation to send dirt and debris down the line without the maintenance worry of filters and screens.
20-Year Track Record
- The Silver Bullet track record shows less than a fraction of 1% return rate over 20+ years of reliable performance.
Amazing Valve for the Price
- Seasoned installers know that valves are the last place to cut expenses when just one call-back eliminates any cost savings on the job.
- Plus, the Silver Bullet makes it easy – you can install the ultimate in commercial quality of a Weathermatic valve at an economical valve price!
- 100% water tested
- 150PSI (10,3 BAR) rating
- Unique “reverse flow” design permits equal pressure distribution on both sides of the diaphragm, regardless of line pressure, providing zero stress to prevent “stretching,” a common cause of valve failure
- Reverse flow design for water conservation in the event of failure
- Diaphragm’s self cleaning ports constantly flex, inhibiting sand and silt from blocking valve action
- Molded shock cone for smooth operation and reduction of water hammer
- Easy-to-use internal manual bleed lever; bleeds valve downstream; has positive stops for open and closed positions
- Marine-grade S20P solenoid with stainless steel actuator
- High-strength glass-filled nylon body and cover with ¼” stainless steel cover bolts and mating brass body inserts
- Non-rising flow control stem throttles valve from full open to closed position on flow control models
- 12024E-10-H (1 in. FIP/25mm nominal)*
- 12024EF-10-H (1 in. FIP w/flow control)*
- 12024EF-15-H (1-1/2" FIP with flow control)*
- 12024EF-20-H (2" FIP with flow control)*
- 150 psi (10;0 bar) rating
- Wiring requires a single lead from the controller to each solenoid; plus a common neutral to all solenoids; type UF wire; U.L. listed; in recommended for all hookups.
- 24 VAC/60 Hz
- Inrush: 9.48 VA
- Holding: 5.11 VA
- 24 VAC/50 Hz
- Inrush: 10.66 VA
- Holding: 5.97 VA
over 2 years ago
1 year ago
5 months ago
1 year ago
11 months ago
1 year ago
1 year ago
2 months ago
1 year ago
If my memory serves me, the lever should be down or horizontal.
1. The solenoid can't dump fast enough.
2. Block the vent to the downstream side.
3. Dump the top of diaphragm with a modded bleed valve. They are three times faster than unmodded, and five times better than a ball valve.
Don't use pvc. PVC limits you to 75-80 psi.
A metal chamber can run 150+:psi. Doubling the pressure increases the performance x 4. (400%)
Visit jjpaintball or Google jjsporting. We hold several patents, and love to help, especially if we can save someone from a PVC explosion.
Replacing the entire valve is certainly not the end of the world and a 30-year old valve doesn't "owe" you anything. Nevertheless, such a project never goes smoothly and you end up having to buy additional fittings, hose clamps, etc., etc., etc.. You are also forced to dig up a great deal more lawn. In short, I would give it a try!
I didn't want to have to cut pipes and try to plumb in a comple new valve.
We found other products you might like!
- on sale $14.48$26.78you save 46%Sku:N-100SF-H
- on sale $13.48$25.20you save 47%Sku:N-100S-H
- on sale $14.98$25.20you save 41%Sku:N-100-H
- on sale $15.48$26.25you save 41%Sku:N-100MB-H